- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Chorus
- Sir Andrew Davis
- Prudence Davis (flute), Andrew Staples (tenor), Sarah Beggs (flute), Yinuo Mu (harp), Andrew Goodwin (tenor), Shane Lowrencev (bass-baritone), Matthew Brook (bass-baritone), Sasha Cooke (mezzo-soprano), Roderick Williams (baritone)
- Recorded: 15, 16 and 18 June 2018
- Recording Venue: Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne, Victoria
Berlioz wrote his own text for L’Enfance du Christ, which he composed in 1853 and 1854. It was first performed at the Salle Herz, Paris on 10 December 1854, with Berlioz conducting. Berlioz was not religious as an adult but remained all his life susceptible to the beauty of the religious music that had enraptured him as a child, he described this work as a Trilogie sacrée. Sir Andrew Davis conducts the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and MSO Chorus and an outstanding team of soloists in this Surround Sound SACD recording.
- Berlioz, Hector (1803-69)